You guys this week has been a crazy, jumble so it’s a swell time for some Thursday Thoughts!
1. I am exhausted. I feel like I’ve been running all over the place for days, and it’s finally catching up with me. When the alarm went off this morning, I briefly considered bursting into tears.
2. Cross Fit is part of that exhaustion. My first workout was last Thursday, and I’ve gone every day this week. Guys, I am drinking the Kool-Aid. It is so much fun, and I’m starting to get what all the hype is about. I’m planning a whole post on it tomorrow, but just know that I am becoming one of those annoying people who talks about it constantly!
3. As much as I’m loving Cross Fit, I’m going to have to miss the WOD tonight. Why, you say? I have another race! I am, apparently, a racing fool. Tonight’s 5K is a local glow run. I had originally planned on skipping it, but several teachers at school talked me into participating. Of course, they didn’t have to twist my arm too much. I agree with what my friend Jedd said last week-5K’s are a little like crack!
4. I’m going to have to go straight to the race from school because tonight is our Fall Carnival. The Book Club is having a caramel apple booth, and some of the girls and I had a little fun making them this afternoon.
5. Guess what! We’re hiking this weekend! I am so ready to lace up my boots and hit the trail. Unfortunately, the weather is acting like it intends to thwart our plans so our backpacking trip may turn into a Sunday day hike. I’m so deprived that I don’t even care. I just need to get on the trail!
6. My sister is taking a very important test for her teacher education program tomorrow, and she is a wee bit nervous. Please send her good thoughts!
7. I’ve been so busy this year that I have very much been operating one day at a time. As a result, I haven’t had the chance to get properly excited about my NYC trip next month. I’ve started to make a list of some of things that I want to do while we’re there, but I need to start planning in earnest!
8. I have the worst luck with cars. My beloved Subaru got hit the other day. I’ve had it less than six months, and the bumper has been messed up twice and the windshield is cracked. I asked John if we could just start over with a brand new one!
9. These make me happy. That is all.
10. Can you believe Halloween is next week? John and I are behind this year-we haven’t even gotten our candy yet. Don’t worry-we’ll get it taken care of this weekend. You know John isn’t going to drop the ball on his favorite holiday.
Wow, I forgot just how old and ugly my previous oven was. So glad to be rid of that thing!
Alright, I have caramel apples to sell! Have a great evening!
What should I absolutely not miss in NYC? What’s your favorite Halloween candy?