Well, it’s here. My last week of freedom before I have to go back to work and being an adult. Drat. I do have a few school related things I need to take care of this week, but, for the most part, I plan on doing exactly what I want this week. We’ll see what that ends up being!
We had a great weekend over here. Mom, Joel, and Caite came up Friday night, and we spent the post-dinner hours allowing those three to catch up on The Newsroom. You guys know that I have become completely obsessed with this show, and I got my family hooked went I went home in June. They still had a few episodes of Season 1 to watch so we rented the discs, and spent the whole evening laughing hysterically at Will McAvoy, Mac, and the whole gang.
On Saturday morning, Joel and John were up in the wee hours to get started on their project for the day. The goal was to run some electrical in the garage as well as install framing for new garage doors. They definitely needed to get started early so they weren’t crawling around in the attic in the 100 degree weather!
After Mom, Caite, and I got up and around, we headed to Ft. Smith for a girls day. All of us will be starting back to school soon which means back to school shopping needed to happen!
Yes, we spent most of the day wheeling Ms. Caite around. Don’t worry-she’s fine. She just had foot surgery a few weeks ago, and she has to stay off of it for a little while. I had a little fun trying to make her pop wheelies, and running with her downhill in parking lots!
After several hours of silly fun and many dollars spent, we headed home and spent the rest of night (you guessed it) watching more Newsroom. It was definitely the theme for the weekend!
They all headed out yesterday, and now things are back to normal around here. Speaking of back to normal, it’s been a few weeks since I did a Friend Makin’ Monday post, and I thought today’s theme was too fun to pass up. So let’s play “Have You Ever?”!
1. Jumped out of an airplane? No, and I have no desire to do so.
2. Lived alone? Yes, and I enjoyed it. There are very few people in the world I could live with. Luckily, John is one of them!
3. Met a celebrity? Yes
4. Said something to someone that you immediately regret saying? Sadly, yes
5. Had a manicure/pedicure? Yes, and I need another one right now!
6. Gotten a hickey? No! Tacky!
7. Owned a pet that was not a dog or a cat? When I was little, my parents bought a pig to raise and then use for meat. My sister and I named him and loved him, and were traumatized when we came home one day to find him in our freezer!
8. Been outside of your home country? I’ve been to Mexico three times and Canada once. I want to go to Europe desperately!
9. Kissed your best friend? Yep…………and then I married him
10. Eaten food that fell on the floor? Of course. Who isn’t guilty of that?
11. Met someone online? Yes! I just met to great blends last month!
12. Been on TV? Not that I recall.
13. Had braces? I had braces from freshman year until the day before I took my senior pictures. How I got out of high school with relatively no scars is a mystery to me.
14. Gone skinny dipping? Many times
15. Been to the opera? I went to a college opera when I was in high school, and I fell asleep. I guess the experience was lost on me?
16. Been caught making out by a policeman? No! And that would mortify me!
17. Sung in public? Yes, but I have no idea why. I use to be in show choir and honor choir, but I am not good at all!
18. Handed out candy on Halloween? I have a little, but I usually let John do it. He absolutely loves it!
19. Been snowed in? Oh yes. We don’t get a lot of snow here which means, when it does happen, the whole world shuts down!
20. Fallen in front of other people? Definitely. My nickname as a kid was “Miss Grace”.
21. Cheated on a test? No. I am rule abiding to the point of ridiculousness. John makes fun of me for this all the time!
22. Regretted saying “I love you” to someone? How can you regret love?
23. Finished a meal in a restaurant and realized that you didn’t have your wallet? No, I haven’t been in that position.
24. Shot a gun? Yes, but I don’t enjoy doing it or being around them. I’m very, very afraid of guns.
25. Heard a song that was written for (or about) you? No, and that’s probably not going to happen. To say that we are not a musical family, is putting it lightly!
Pick a few and tell me about you!