Happy Friday! That means very little to me now that I’m in the middle of summer break, but I wish those of you who have regular hours a very wonderful start to the weekend!
I had intended to share all the Pinterest recipes I made during the month of May today, but I decided today needs to be a little more laid-back as far as posting is concerned. I promise to share all my experiments and results with those recipes next week. For now, let’s do a fun Friday Five!
1. Sometimes I question my sanity (so do a lot of the people I know ;)). I got on the treadmill this morning to bust out a quick cardio workout, and ended up doing ten miles! What can I say? My legs felt great, Gilmore Girls was on the TV, and I just kept going. I’m definitely feeling it now!
2. I’m in desperate need of something to read. I checked out a few things from the library, but nothing is grabbing my interest. I still need to read the last book in the Matched trilogy, but I’m still on the waiting list from the library. Considering the fact that I have quite a bit of time on my hands these days, I need your book recommendations!
3. John and I watched Major League the other night. We both laughed hysterically, and then agreed that we actually thought Major League II was even funnier. After reciting some of our favorite lines, we jumped up to go rent it from Blockbuster. They didn’t have it! They did, however, have a copy of a straight to video movie starring Paris Hilton. What is the world coming to?
Not to worry-I, of course, ordered it from Amazon. Guess what we’re doing tonight?
4. I’m heading home next week to celebrate Father’s Day and my mom’s birthday. Her birthday isn’t actually until July, but, since we’ll all be out of town, we’re going to party it up early. In recent years, we’ve started the tradition of attending a play in Dallas for the occasion. This year’s selection is Sister Act. I loved the movie, and I can’t wait to see it on stage. I have a bit of a thing for musicals!
5. And now it’s time to let you all in on a little secret. I know I was a bit cryptic about why we made the trip to Colorado last week, and all of you we’re very interested in why we did no hiking while we were there (I know-sacrilege!). I make no secret of my love for Colorado, and my desire to move there. I really feel like it’s my heart’s home, and I can’t imagine being lucky enough to live surrounded by the mountains. Well, we’re not moving like many of you guessed. Not yet anyway. John and I have decided to purchase land in Colorado to build a second/retirement home on, and we were in Buena Vista scouting for property. I wanted to be able to announce that we actually bought a piece of land, but, unfortunately, we were outbid on the land we wanted. We’re still on the hunt though, and you can bet I’ll being making that announcement sooner rather than later!
How would this be for a daily view?
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! See you Monday!
What should I read next? Where would you like to retire?