Happy Monday! How did everyone enjoy the weekend? I had a relaxing one hanging around the house and taking care of odds and ends. Poor John only had a relaxing Saturday. He spent all day yesterday helping out some of the people that have been affected by the flooding in our area.
We’ve had some very wacky weather in Oklahoma the last few weeks, and the latter part of last week was no exception. Mother Nature dumped a ton of rain in our area causing the rivers to overflow, and many people suffered extensive damage in their homes. John said that some of the houses he saw yesterday had water that came up almost to the light switches! It’s definitely been a rough few weeks in the state weather-wise, and I’m hoping that the worst of it is behind us. As someone on Facebook put it, “The entire state of Oklahoma is waving the proverbial white flag.”
But let’s talk about something a little more lighthearted! It’s Friend Makin’ Monday, and today’s theme is all about summer. I feel like that’s appropriate since I truly feel like I’m on summer vacation now. I’ve spent the last two weeks getting ready for our Colorado trip or on our trip, and today I feel like I’m getting into my summer routine!
1. What is your favorite summer fruit? Nothing says summer time like watermelon! It’s definitely my favorite seasonal fruit, and I wait for it all year.
2. Do you know how to swim? Yes, I do, but I honestly don’t enjoy it that much. I’m a little afraid of water, and I’m not an overly big fan of bathing suits. However, I would love to have access to a gym pool where I could swim for exercise. I do think I would enjoy that!
3. Do you prefer sun or snow? How about a mountain full of snow ready to be skied with the perfect Colorado sunshine in the sky above? Can I have that?
4. What temperature do you like most inside your home? I usually keep it at 73 or 74 during the day. I turn it down pretty low at night though because I can’t stand to be hot when I sleep!
5. Is it humid where you live? Oh Lord, yes. Humidity is even worse than heat, and it’s one of the main reasons why I’m not a big fan of where we live.
6. What is your favorite food to put on the grill? I like to put everything on the grill! There’s nothing quite like grilled chicken, however. I think it’s the best way to do it!
7. Do you prefer to wear a one-piece or two-piece swim suit? I haven’t bought a new bathing suit in 3 years so I don’t feel like I can even have an opinion on this question.
8. What is your favorite summer drink? I don’t usually drink anything special in the summer. Iced tea is my favorite drink all the time
9. Do you prefer the pool or the ocean? I really love to look at the ocean, but if I’m going swimming it needs to be a pool. I especially enjoy watching John play with our niece and nephew in the pool. Those kids are definitely water rats!
10. What are you looking forward to most over the summer? Next week I’m heading home for a few days to celebrate Father’s Day, and to take my mom to our annual play in Dallas for her birthday. And, of course, I can’t wait for our backpacking trip next month!
What are you looking forward to this summer? What’s your favorite season?