Hello, friends! Happy Memorial Day! I’m sure all of you are enjoying your three day weekend. You can bet I am! John and I are currently on our second full day of our quick Colorado trip, and right now my view looks something like this.
We’re having a blast, and I plan to soak up every possible minute of our time out here so this post is going to be short and sweet. But I couldn’t let Monday pass us by without a few Friend Makin’ Monday questions! I actually went back into Ms. Kenlee’s archives for today’s questions, and I found some on travel that were too perfect to pass up!
1. Where did your most recent trip take you?
Of course, I’m in Colorado right now, and my last trip was a ski vacation Colorado. Do you guys think I have a little bit of a thing for this place?
2. Is there a place that you’d like to visit that you haven’t yet? If so, where?
There are so many places that I’d love to visit, but I’ll go with England. I don’t know that I’ve talked about it a lot on the blog, but I’m a bit of an Anglophile. English history is my passion, and I’m obsessed with the royal family.
3. Do you travel lightly, or do you cram as much into your luggage as possible?
I’ve really evolved in this area, and I completely credit backpacking for it. I used to be the worst packer. I’d pull a ton of clothes randomly from my closet and stuff them in my suitcase. I always ended up with way more than I needed. No more friends! I’m so much better at packing just what I need. When you have to fit everything you need to survive for days on end in one small backpack, you learn quickly!
4. Do your eating and exercise habits change when you travel? If so, how?
My eating habits do change a little. I still try to make healthy choices, but we obviously eat out a lot more on the road. My exercise routine stays pretty consistent. I either take full advantage of the hotel gym or, more often than not, we’re on a very active vacation and I get more exercise than normal!
5. Tell us about a place you’ve been that you’d like to go back to.
Again, I’ve been to some amazing places that I would love to revisit. The first few that come to mind are Glacier National Park, Washington D.C., and New York City. They’re all very different, but such fun places!
6. Do you prefer to travel at a certain time of year?
Not particularly. The time of year determines what kind of trip we’re taking, but I’m always up for going somewhere!
7. If you had to choose, would you go to the beach or the mountains?
I know I don’t even have to tell you guys this!
8. Have you ever needed a passport to travel?
Yes, sir. I’ve been to Mexico three times, and Canada once. I’m ready for some more international travel!
9. Do you collect anything in your travels?
Absolutely. I always have to pick up my Christmas ornament!
This is one of my newest ones!
10. Where do you plan to go next? It’s a Colorado kind of year! We’ll be back in this great state in July for our big backpacking trip!
I’m off to soak up a Colorado sunset. Have a great evening!
Where’s your next vacation? Have you ever been to England?