Monday, Monday….Today marks the first full week back in school, and getting out of bed this morning was a wee bit difficult. Starting the second semester is always a little more disheartening because it seems like such a long road until Spring Break in March. I know-a whole week off in early spring to go play? The life of a teacher is so hard.
Today I want to jump right into it because I have a few things I want to cover. First up-the best part of of Mondays!
Kenlee decided to keep it simple this week with some fun and easy questions so let’s get to it, shall we?
1. Outside my window I see…Max playing in the yard. Enough to put a smile on anyone’s face .
2. My kitchen counters are…a horrible, horrible white 1960′s laminate. Seriously, are white counters ever a good idea? I can’t wait to remodel!
3. Yesterday I drank…lots of water and my fair share of tea. Oh, I also had a Sobe water as a treat!
4. My cell phone is…super uncool. I may be the last person on the planet that doesn’t have a smart phone. I keep meaning to upgrade!
5. My computer is…is a Toshiba I got when I first started teaching 6 years ago. I much prefer to work on my Mac at school.
6. My favorite reality show is…Sister Wives. I don’t watch a lot of reality TV, but I tune into that one every week!
7. My workouts are…going to be seriously different for the next 8 weeks. Boot camp here I come!
8. The last book I read is…Notorious Nineteen! I’m finally done with the whole Stephanie Plum series. I feel like I am emerging back into sunlight. I can’t wait to read something different.
9. My week will be….typical. I love how slow and calm Januarys are after crazy Decembers!
10. So far 2013 has been…an interesting year. I’m starting new things, and I’m excited to see what this year is going to hold!
I mentioned briefly last week that I’ve signed up for Tina’s Best Body Boot Camp Round 4. I’ve discussed before how strength training is not one of my strengths (<—like that word play?), and since I’ve been working out exclusively at home, I’ve slipped even further in this area. For awhile now, the blogosphere has been abuzz with this program, and a few weeks ago I started to look at it more in depth. At first I told myself I’d do it “next time”. Do I really need to spend the money on something just for me? I’m not sure I can be successful at home. I had plenty of these types of thoughts until it struck me like a lightning bolt.
If you want to be different, you have to do something different! I am creature of habit who lives safely and quietly within my comfort zone. Don’t get me wrong-at times that tendency has kept me out of a lot of trouble. It has also held me back though, and I am painfully aware of it. I realized it was time to get uncomfortable so I signed up!
I am excited for this new challenge, and I’m starting the first workout as soon as I hit publish. First, I thought I would take some time to discuss some of my expectations of this program. I’m very much lacking in core strength, and that weakens me in a number of areas including backpacking. This summer we’re planning a backpacking trip that is longer than I’ve ever done, and I will be carrying a bigger backpack than I’m use to. I’m hoping this program will make a noticeable difference in core strength. I’m going to need it!
I also want to tone up. We’re all told countless times that if you want definition, you have to lift. Well, as a self-proclaimed cardio junkie, I could use some help in the definition area. By sticking to the plan, I hope to have some rockin’ guns by the end!
Last but not least, let’s talk about the scale. I know that through a program like this it is more likely for the scale to not budge or to go up as I put on muscle. I’ve taken my measurements, and I want those to be the guides as I make my way through this. However, I would be lying if I said I don’t care what the scale does. Of course, I’m hoping it goes down a bit. This is the area in which I will be truly tested. Can I be comfortable with the number just being a number? We’ll see!
Alright, friends, time to start doing!
Are you doing Boot Camp? Answer one of the “simple” questions!