Hello, friends! It’s Friday, and I am more than ready for it. The week has been fantastic, but my Friday has kind of been a bummer. I’m ready to go out on the town tonight and change that! John and I have big plans for a movie date this evening. We’re finally going to watch Skyfall. John is a huge James Bond fan, and has been excited about this for months. I don’t quite share his enthusiasm, but I will say that the new Bond movies have all been pretty good and I’m not at all opposed to this evening’s choice. We’re heading over to Ft. Smith so I may even be able to cross off my fun December goal. We’ll see!
You guys know I love random surveys, and what better time for one than a Friday afternoon. I was excited to see that Meghan had nominated me for a Liebster award this morning. According to the wonderful, Chelsie, Liebster is German for beloved. Leave it to her to Google it-she kind of has a thing for languages . I think beloved is one of the most beautiful words so thank you Meghan for thinking of me!
Here’s the rules:
Write 11 random facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you
I honestly don’t know if I can come up with eleven random facts about me that you don’t already know, but I’ll give it a shot! Ready? Here we go!
1. I cannot stand clutter. It drives me bonkers. For this reason, I hate knicknacks and I have very few things in the way of home decor.
2. The above, however, does not apply to inside drawers and cabinets. I am very much out of sight, out of mind. Therefore, if you open any random draw or cabinet in my house it would probably scare you silly. This quirk drives John crazy!
3. I went K-12 to the same school. Many of the friends I had in kindergarten are the ones I walked across the stage with.
4. Speaking of, there were only 24 students in my graduating class. I come from a very small town!
5. The only bone I’ve ever broken is my finger. I was pitching in a co-ed softball game, and someone drove it right back at me.
6. When I was little, I hated spaghetti sauce. I’d always eat noodles plain. This lasted until I was about 22 or 23. Now I love it!
7. I have serious texture issue when it comes to fruit desserts. I love fruit of all shapes and sizes, but I can’t stand it in things like pie or pudding. I even have to be careful about the types of Greek yogurt I pick! Only recently has this rule relaxed about apples. For some reason, not only can I tolerate baked apples, but I’m really starting to love them!
8. A few years ago, I decided to see if I could read 100 books in a year. I did it!
9. I hate April Fool’s Day. Nothing traumatic has ever happened to me to make me feel this way. I just think that 90% of all practical jokes are meant to humiliate someone, and that’s NOT funny!
10. I can’t even come close to touching my toes. I am incredibly inflexible.
11. I may have told you this one before, but I’ve always wanted to be a ballerina. It saddens me that I in no way have the body type.
Now for Meghan’s questions!
1. What was your favorite subject in school?
History. It’s been a life long love.
2. What would your dream job be?
Realistically, it would be a history professor at a four year university. Ideally, it would be some job that would allow me to hike for a living If you’ve got a position for me, please contact me immediately!
3. Is there a time in your life you wish you could go back to?
Not because there’s a point where I thought my life was better. However, I would go back to my college days and do things differently if I had the chance.
4. Where’s your favorite place to shop?
Online! If I have to go to a brick in mortar store, it’s either REI or Whole Foods.
5. What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
If it’s the right time of year then I love to hike on the weekends. If not, I love just hanging out with John and all my family. We always find something to do!
Greek yogurt, oatmeal, and ice cream
Are you ready for this? I worked at Burger King! That’s right, folks, I was a fast food queen!
8. How many different places have you lived?
I’ve lived in 5 different houses, but I don’t remember two of them at all. I’ve lived in 3 different towns.
9. Who is your role model?
I started blogging because I was looking for a creative outlet and new opportunities. I keep blogging because of the wonderful friendships I’ve made already!
11. What are you looking forward to right now?
At the precise moment that I write this? Lunch!
There you have it. One more big thanks to Meghan for thinking of me. I am now suppose to nominate 11 other bloggers, but pretty much everyone in my corner of the blog world has already been nominated. Instead, I’d love to hear from you guys. I know there are some readers that don’t comment, and I love to get to know you! In the mean time, I hope you guys have a wonderful Friday and fabulous weekend!
Your turn! Tell me a random fact about you or answer a few of the questions.