Hello all! I’m back! John and I made it off the trail around 11:30 yesterday morning. Guess what? We didn’t beat the rain. The last mile or so was done in a downpour which definitely challenged my positive attitude, but the after trail meal and ice cream we enjoyed put everything back in perspective! I plan on giving you all a full recap tomorrow, but, in the mean time, here’s a little sneak peek of the adventure we had. And let me assure you-it was definitely an adventure 😉
I hope you’re intrigued 😉
Before I move on to the best part of any Monday, I wanted to thank you guys for the outpouring of love and support I got from my post on Saturday. Everyone’s comments were so wonderful and thoughtful. Writing that post was so cathartic for me, and I was really proud of the result. I’m so glad you all loved it too.
Now on to Friend Makin’ Monday! Kenlee has provided us a pretty interesting topic. This week is all about what’s hanging out in the fridge. Since food is one of my very favorite things to talk about, I love the idea of telling you all about the staples that keep me going on a daily basis so let’s get started, shall we?
What’s in Your Fridge?
1. List a few common items that can always be found in your fridge. Chobani, cheese, sandwich meat, salad, carrots, apples
2. What kind of milk do you drink? I actually don’t drink milk. I’ve never liked it although I can stomach it with a bowl of cereal occasionally. John on the other hand could do his own Got Milk? commercial. I’ve seriously never seen a human being consume it like he does so we always have a gallon of 1% Braums milk on hand. (Yes, it has to be Braums.)
3. Do you prefer fresh or frozen vegetables? I love fresh, but I’m definitely not opposed to frozen. Sometimes I find frozen broccoli a little bit easier to cook!
4. What do you currently have to drink in the fridge? Milk, water, and tea. There is ALWAYS tea in my fridge! (Except apparently in the above picture because I just finished off the pitcher!)
5. How often do you clean out your refrigerator? Usually I clean it out once a week, but I have been known to let things sit just a wee bit too long.
6. What’s the healthiest thing in it right now? Hmm…this is difficult. Most of the stuff I keep in there is healthy. I’m going to go with the veggies or the Chobani.
7. What’s the most unhealthy thing in it right now? There is currently a Tupperware dish of frozen wedding cake in the freezer. I try to forget it’s there!
8. What do you wish you had in it that you don’t have now? Right now, I wish there was some leftover rotisserie chicken. I’ve been craving chicken salad the last few days!
9. How often do you shop for groceries? I do the majority of my shopping once a week, but I inevitably have to pop into the store once or twice during the week for one or two things.
10. What’s the weirdest thing in your fridge right now? I think it would have to be the bottle of peach wine. John and I are not big drinkers, but about two and a half years ago we flirted with the idea of becoming wine drinkers and bought this on a whim. It has never been opened.
Bonus: If you could choose one thing to put in the fridge and make it calorie-free what would it be? Ice cream! It would be on every shelf as far back as I could stack it with pints in the door
What’s one thing that is always in your fridge? Answer the bonus question. I’m curious!