Hello, friends! I have no idea why, but more often than not song titles are what come to me when I’m trying to come up with title for a post. This is a great ’80s jam, and it’s fitting for this particular Monday because it has definitely been manic! I’ve been running like crazy, and I feel a serious crash coming on. But first I had to pop in with today’s Friend Makin’ Monday post!
I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do. I love asking and answering random questions. Maybe because I’m nosy and I like to know everything Today’s topic is “Quick and Random” which I think is fantastic. Sometimes I think the answers people give to these types of questions tell you more about their personality than just about anything.
1. Choose three songs that would be on the soundtrack of your life. “Carolina In My Mind” by James Taylor, “Your Song” by Elton John, and “Rocky Mountain High” by John Denver
2. Share the details of one project that you’re currently working on. I somehow think this means some kind of craft or house project, and I know I made it clear last week exactly how I feel about that. So instead here’s random lifetime project I’m trying to accomplish. I love to travel, and I keep a running count of all the states I’ve visited. I get so excited when I know a trip is going to take me to a new state so I can cross it off! Right now the count is 22.
3. If you could learn to do one thing overnight what would it be? I would definitely learn to play the piano. I think being able to play a musical instrument is so neat. I actually took piano lessons when I was little, but quit to play basketball. I still tell my parents that it was a bad parenting move to let me!
My sister took this picture of the piano at the church where I got married. How talented is she?
4. If you could be a fictional character which one would you be? Ok, I should probably pick a character from a book, but I can’t because the first and only character that comes to mind is Ziva from NCIS. It is my dearest wish to be, excuse my phrasing, bad-ass.
5. What’s your favorite thing about the month of October? It’s finally cooler! Yes, I know I go on and on about it, but I don’t know that you guys understand just how much I detest Oklahoma in the summer time. It’s brutal. October is also pretty fabulous because it is the month in which a certain somebody committed to putting up with me for life
6. Share one TV show that you’re embarrassed to admit you watch. Ok, this really is embarrassing, and I feel ashamed every time I tell someone this. I like The Bachelor/Bachelorette. Yes, I know it’s deplorable. Yes, I know it’s not real, but I’m addicted. What can I say.
7. Name one friend that you’re thankful to have in your life today. I’m so grateful for Chelsie! It’s been so wonderful getting to know her these last few weeks, and even though our friendship is just “virtual” so far, it’s so awesome having her in my life!
8. What was the most relaxing part of your weekend? My entire Saturday was relaxing and rejuvenating. Even though we did a ton of stuff, it was so wonderful to just have fun and enjoy each other’s company.
9. Do you like to dance? I only dance when I get excited, and it’s not pretty. I look like Sue Heck.
10. Share one thing that you’re looking forward to before the end of the year. There’s lots of hiking to be done in the next month or so which I’m very excited for. Plus, Christmas is coming! Who doesn’t love that?
I’m off to get a quick workout in before dinner. Here’s another great thing about October: Beans and cornbread are back on the menu! Good night!