……..which pretty much sums up my attitude towards my house. But it’s the topic of Friend Makin’ Mondays, and you guys know I love to play along!
Before we get to it, did you guys notice the new header? That’s courtesy of Jenny-isn’t it great? I’m totally in love with it! Now, on to the main event…
John and I moved into our little house right before our wedding three years ago (three years next week!). We had all kinds of trouble when it came to buying a house. It’s a long somewhat horrifying story so I won’t bother you all with it. Let’s just say that our house is definitely a fixer-upper
We spent the majority of the first year fixing the absolutely necessary things. We ripped out a bathroom, fixed foundation, put in new windows….the list is intense! Then we got the point where things were comfortable. Not finished, but comfortable. And herein lies the problem. John and I both have zero interest in home improvement. Sure, I want things to look nice and be upgraded, but I have no desire to actually do the work! I’d much rather go do something fun on my weekends!
Every few months we do a little something else, but we probably do need to get it in gear when it comes to home renovations. Maybe we could if we would stop spending all our money on hiking gear and vacations……
Inside Your Home
1. Do you live in an apartment/condo, townhouse or house? House
2. What is your home’s coolest feature? Honestly, I think it’s the bookshelves we put in a few years ago. They are beautiful! We still need to make some minor adjustments so that our media equipment will fit inside, but they are definitely my favorite feature.
3. Do you enjoy DIY projects? If so, what are you working on now? I do not dig DIY. You’ll have to hit up my sister for that. Although John is getting pretty good as certain DIY projects. Care if I brag a bit? He’s started making Adirondack chairs, and look how good he’s getting!
4. When using the dishwasher do you use powder detergent or liquid? Liquid…always liquid!
5. Do you have a TV in your bedroom? I bet you all know the answer to this! Of course we do! We like to go to bed as soon as we deem socially acceptable and watch TV from our room the rest of the night. Let’s be clear that what we deem socially acceptable is probably not what most people would. Yep, we roll like that.
6. Is your range gas or electric? Electric, but one of these days when we completely gut the kitchen, it’s gas all the way!
7. How often do you sweep/mop/vacuum? I sweep the kitchen about every other day, mop once a week, and vacuum once a week. I try to talk John into vacuuming as often as I can because I loathe it. I don’t know why, but it’s absolutely my least favorite chore.
8. What is your favorite place to shop for home furniture and accents? As you can probably tell, I don’t really do much shopping for those sort of things. When I do buy stuff for the house, I prefer to buy interesting, original things or funky stuff from our travels.
9. Do you decorate for holidays?
I love to decorate for Christmas!! It’s really the only holiday I put stuff out for, but Christmas is my time of year. There are probably even going to be two trees in the Ford household this year
10. If you could have HGTV come in and redo one room in your home which room would you choose? This is a no contest question. It’s the kitchen without a doubt. I love to cook and it’s the room I spend the most time in. Not to mention that very little has been done to my kitchen since the house was built in 1965. Yeah, tell me about it…
That’s all, folks! I hope you’ve enjoyed this installment of Friend Makin’ Mondays courtesy of Miss Kenlee
. I’ll be back tomorrow with another very important public service announcement!
What is your favorite room in your house? Do you enjoy home improvement projects? Care to share any tips?