Happy October! Today officially begins my absolute favorite time of the year. This month I have backpacking to look forward to, our anniversary, and (hopefully!) much cooler weather. Then we head right into the holidays which anyone can tell you, I go a little nuts over!
I’m posting a little late today because I’ve been on the road to that undisclosed location I was talking about yesterday. Hello from Oklahoma City! Every year I go to a technology conference here for work, and it’s so nice to have the opportunity to learn what’s new in the world of education technology. The best part of this annual trip is hands down the opportunity I get to hang out with friends. Three of my best friends from high school live in the City now, and we only get to see each other a few times a year. This is the perfect opportunity to catch up, and we already have dinner plans for tomorrow night! I’m very excited
In other news, it’s Monday which means it’s time for Friend Makin’ Monday. This is week it’s all about what make’s you Uniquely You. Thanks to Kenlee for hosting this awesome blogger link-up.
1) Do you prefer to talk or text? I am all about texting. For some reason, I really dislike talking on the phone so texting is a great way to solve that problem!
2) How often do you make your bed? Everyday. Sometimes I let myself slide a little on the weekends, but usually that’s only if I know I’ll be washing the sheets that day. I’m a neat freak!
3) What sounds do you hear right now? The TV. Two Broke Girls is on. I’ve never watched it before, and, I gotta say, so far I’m not really a fan.
4) List three things that you always carry with you. Wallet, book, and emergency snack
5) What are your favorite TV shows? Oh wow…how long can this answer be. Ok, here goes….The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Mike & Molly, Castle, Hawaii Five-O, NCIS, The Middle, Grey’s Anatomy, Blue Bloods, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, and The Mentalist. And that doesn’t even count the summer shows I love. I told you I was addicted!
6) Is there a hobby that you’d like to devote more time to? If so, what is it? Oddly enough, I think I’d have to say reading. I love to read, but it seems like lately I’ve been so busy, I haven’t had time to sit down and zone out with a good book. Perhaps if I cut down on TV…….
7) What is your favorite drink? Tea, without a doubt. I drink at least a gallon a day!
8) Share a couple of cool facts about your family. My mom is the one who gave me my love of travel. She’s been to every state except three, I think. My dad runs marathons which dumbfounds me since I can’t even contemplate running a marathon.
9) List one thing that you will do for yourself today. Well, today is almost over so let tomorrow I will let myself enjoy a precious extra few minutes of sleep, and then do some yoga to get me ready for the day!
10) Share something that you’re thankful for today. Ok, if you can’t handle corny you can skip this question. Today (and everyday) I’m thankful for my husband. He really is my best friend. He’s my favorite person to hang out, and being married to him has completely disproven the “marriage takes work rule” for me.
Well, it’s getting pretty close to my bedtime so I’m going to curl up in my king-size hotel bed and pick up that book I never have time to read. Good night!
What are some things your looking forward to in October? Pick some of the above questions to answer. I’d love to know what makes you UNIQUE!