The sun is out! Sort-of. We’ve been under a lot of gloomy clouds for the last few days, and I’m excited that the sun is trying to peek out a bit. I miss my bike and I’m itching to get back to it. Maybe I can go for a ride tomorrow. In the mean time, I’m taking a rest day today. I had two hard workouts this weekend and my body needs a break.
In lieu of a workout to share with you, I have a fun Q&A. I ran across this on Kenlie’s blog today, and I thought it was such a great way to connect with other bloggers. Since I’m such a new blogger, I really love the opportunity to “socialize” with the larger community. Friend Makin’ Mondays is a weekly series where bloggers answer a series of questions and then link up on Kenlie’s site. This week’s bunch of questions is about blogging!
1. Have you ever met anyone through your blog that led to an in-person friendship/relationship? Not yet, but I so hope it does!
2. Most bloggers have a specific niche. What would you discuss if it didn’t seem inappropriate on your blog? Honestly, I’d probably talk about politics. I’m a bit of a politic junkie. However, I don’t think politics has a place in the healthy living community. I want to talk about what brings us together…not what separates us!
3. If you could meet three bloggers, who would they be? I think that would have to be Caitlin, Meghann, and Courtney. Caitlin and Meghann were two of the first healthy living bloggers I first started following, and I still read everything they post. I only started following Courtney in the last few months, but I love her blog and she was super nice to answer all kinds of questions I had about starting a blog.
4. If you had to choose between Facebook or Twitter which one would you choose? I think it’s too soon to tell. I only joined Twitter last week, and, so far, I’m really enjoying it.
5. Do you vlog (video blog?) Not yet, but I’m learning more and more about blogging everyday and vlogging may evolve on Free Range Human eventually.
6. How many blogs do you read on an average day? I read anywhere from 10 to 15 during the day.
7. What is the coolest thing that you’ve seen online recently? I saw an article from Women’s Health about Hayden Panettiere and her body images issues. I thought it was really insight, and an honest look at the issues that actresses have.
8. If you gave your blog a new name what would it be? My blog name is still really new so I’m not tired of it yet
9. Have you ever attended a blog conference like Fitbloggin? If not, would you? I haven’t but I absolutely would. My goal is to attend the Healthy Living Summit next year.
10. In the past I have asked why you blog. Now I want to know why you read blogs? What do you take from it? I started reading healthy living blogs by accident. I stumbled upon the community while browsing the web, and I haven’t stop coming back since. I can’t begin to tell you how much I’ve learned from reading blogs. They inspiring me everyday, and they make me really stop and think. I love it!
That’s it! I realize I haven’t given you guys any pictures this week. I promise to have a picture heavy post tomorrow Have a great evening!