Hello Friday! I know many of you are gearing up to celebrate a three day weekend, and I’m eagerly anticipating John’s arrival home from work today. We’re Colorado bound! Is it possible that I was only there two months ago? It seems like much longer, and, no matter how many trips I make, I don’t think I’ll ever stop being excited!
Since I didn’t have a chance to post any Thursday thoughts yesterday, I thought I’d take the opportunity to fill you in on what’s been going on in my ‘hood lately (Yeah, I don’t think I can really get away with “hood”.)
1. I’ve been spending most of the day packing and finishing odds and ends around the house. I have to have a little background noise when I’m working, and today that noise has been “Everwood”. Does anyone remember this show? I loved it back in the day (I have no idea what’s up with all the old school slang today!), and I almost always pop in the DVDs right before a Colorado trip. For those of you who don’t know, “Everwood” was set in a small Colorado town so, obviously, the show had me from the start. If your fans of “Revenge” you may be interested to know that Miss Emily Thorn is one of the main characters!
2. I finally finished this book.
Be on the look out for a book review next week. Spoiler alert: My desire to do a thru-hike has become even more intense.
3. I took Max for a grooming appointment yesterday. I told the groomers to cut his hair just a little shorter than normal since we’re approaching the super hot summer months, and this is what happened.
I have spent the last two days apologizing to him. This is not what I meant! Poor little guy……..they scalped him!
4. Although our area certainly didn’t sustain the damage that Moore did during the tornado on Monday, we did have a little bit of damage.
The roof sitting between the two buildings is suppose to be on top of the Napa Auto Parts building!
5. Last, but certainly not least, I have to share my exciting news! Remember when I said that John and I made a trip to Fayetteville this week? Well, here’s why!
I am now the proud owner of a Subaru! Mine’s a different color, but just as beautiful! I have been in love with these cars for years. The company seems to reflect the lifestyle and values that we adhere to, and as the salesman said “All you have to do is point a Subaru towards Colorado and say “Go Home”.” I couldn’t agree more!
In that spirit, it’s almost time to point that new car towards “home”. Have a wonderful Memorial weekend!
What are your Memorial Day plans? Is there a certain car that you just love?