This is definitely a Thinking Out Loud kind of week so let’s jump right in, shall we?
1. I apologize for being MIA this week. All you teachers out there will understand just how crazy the week leading up to Christmas break is. Between prepping and giving finals and organizing several different clubs’ Christmas celebrations, it has been a crazy week. Not to worry-I have some ideas for a few fun posts coming your way next week!
2. Because this is the first time I’ve checked in this week, I haven’t had a chance to share about our adventure last weekend.
I bought John tickets to Garth Brooks for Christmas, and last Friday night we headed to Little Rock to enjoy the concert. He is a phenomenal performer, and it was so fun to sing along to every single song. Let’s just say, if country music still sounded like Garth, I’d still be a fan!
3. Christmas is just one week away! It’s my favorite time of the year, and I’m extra happy that I’m not terribly stressed out by it this year. I have all the Christmas shopping done so that means I can spend the first few days of my Christmas break relaxing. I may even get in the kitchen to do a little baking!
4. This weekend we’re headed to my sister’s to have Christmas with one set of my family members. I’m really excited! It will be so nice to spend some time with everyone, and I’m super ready to hang out with my sister. She’s wrapping up her first semester as a full-fledged teacher which means she’s been very busy. I’ve barely had a chance to chat with her lately let alone see her so I can’t wait!
5. Speaking of some much needed family time, it won’t be long now before we’re all headed for the mountains. John, Caite, Justin, Mom, Joel, and I are headed for Steamboat for a week long ski trip, and I may be more excited about that than Christmas.
6. It’s finally time to see Wild!!!! My local movie theater has finally gotten with times, and the movie makes in debut tomorrow. You better believe I’ll be there some time in the very near future.
7. Speaking of Cheryl Strayed, did you guys know she’s started a podcast! Before there was Wild, Cheryl wrote an online advice column called Dear Sugar. That may sound a little nerdy, but, trust me, this is no ordinary advice column. She collected some of her responses in a book called Tiny, Beautiful Things, and it is one of the most profoundly beautiful books I’ve ever read. She’s now teamed up with Steve Almond (you wrote the column originally) to bring Dear Sugar to the airwaves. The first episode was published this week, and they’ll begin doing weekly ones in January. You guys, this is so worth adding to your list. Check it out!
8. How about a goofy dog story?
Gus (or Little Man, as we often call him) is a true bird dog. Lately, birds have been landing in the trees in our back yard, and this drives him crazy. He parks himself at the base of the tree, and barks up at them constantly. If you time if just right, you can even catch up jumping straight up in there. I think he really believes if he just tries a little harder, he’ll make it! He’s so goofy. Meanwhile, I swear Max looks at him, and then at me with this “Seriously, Mom?” look on his face. Never a dull moment with these two!
9. Alright, I’m off for the last two day push before break. Have a great day!